Wednesday, November 30, 2005

12 Big Dogs on the Prowl in South Africa

Dear Readers,

I would like to offer my humblest apologies for the absence of any articles for the past week or so.

To start off, I just want to wish The Big Easy good luck this week at the Nedbank Golf Challenge in South Africa. He will be mounting his comeback season starting this Thursday at an event that I have dubbed, “The contest that I’d give my right testicle to attend.”

Let me just address the “Challenge Season” for a moment. I don’t know what all of you think, but to me, these events are where it’s at. The only thing that is missing is the proper recognition that these events so rightly deserve. Hell, I hadn’t even heard of The Nedbank Golf Challenge until I read about it today. Anyways, before I show any more of my ignorance I’ll progress.

These events offer the players a chance to try out new equipment, set their focus for the impending season, build up confidence, add some extra cash to their more than likely, already fat pockets and allow even more spectators to see their favorite golfers in action.

In any event, the winner will be leaving South Africa this weekend with $1.2 million and with this field that will be no easy task. 12 solid players duking it out at, I kid you not, the Gary Player Country Club. Wouldn’t it be great to have a damn Country Club named after you?

Anyways, the field looks good, Ernie is back in action and the course looks superb. The only thing that chaps my ass is that there is no television coverage.

Prediction: Adam Scott gets the “W” with the Goose just falling short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home