Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Next Time You’re At The 19th Hole,
Take A Stumble On The Dark Side

Well, I thought I’d mix it up a little bit this time and write about something that I cherish almost as much as golf. No, not sex. I’m talking about beer damn it! Not just any kind of beer, but dark beer. It is perhaps my most favorite kind of brewski to indulge in I must say. I can’t stand the “light” beers, the “low carb” beers or the Americanized beers that taste more like water than alcohol. I haven’t always been that way though. Back in my high school and college days I’d settle for anything that I could get my hands on or could pay for. That usually meant the Natural Light or Milwaukee’s Best a.k.a. “The Beast.” But as I aged, so has my tastes for the finer things in life.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all in on some good dark beers that you can pick up just about anywhere. Some are little more expensive than others, but you’ll have that.

Note to all readers: All of the below listed brews are best served in a frozen beer glass or mug. A good tip is to wash the mug, and place it immediately into your freezer.

Sam Adams Black Lager
Michelob AmberBock
St. Pauli Girl Special Dark
Shiner Bock

Now these are just a few different kinds of brews to get you started if you haven’t been exposed to the darkside yet. I would also like to note that I never drink while I play golf. But maybe I should start. I’ve been reading and hearing drunkin' slurs that drinking while playing makes you more loose and not so scatter brained.

In any event, if you have any beer varieties that you are particularly fond of, please let me know. I try not to discriminate.

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous mediaguru at hookedongolfblog.com said...

Looks like you like the dark stuff. I prefer wheat beers and lagers myself. There's a local beer here called "Slickrock" MMMM.

How about a link exchange? I've got you in my blogroll!

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Homer said...

MMMMM...beer! I prefer some bolder darks, Warstiener Dunkel, Beck's Dark , and a few harder to find, Sprechers Black Bavarian, or imported Monchshof Schwarz, the original black, both are Klumbacher (Germany) style lagers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home