Wednesday, November 16, 2005

That’s Some Gulbis!

I spent thirty minutes of my most precious time last night watching the Natalie Gulbis show. I have mixed emotions about the whole ordeal. On one hand, she’s a real fine looking young lady and a brilliant golfer, on the other hand, her dad’s a loud mouthed ass. Good luck to the guy who wants to date her. The guy seems like the real deal power dad who’s not going to let his little girl do anything without his approval. If you noticed last night, he referred to Natalie’s house as his own. It’d be interesting to know who exactly is in control of her finances.

To further reveal the fact that Natalie’s dad is a despot on her life, I couldn’t believe some of the negative comments he was shooting in her direction as she was playing. She claims she wouldn’t have it any other way, she’s got thick skin yada, yada, yada, but c’mon. Could he be the reason why she hasn’t won a tournament yet? She’s certainly proved that she’s capable of winning. If her dad isn't the reason what is?

Now, don’t get me wrong. I am not a father, nor am I a woman. But something just didn’t sit right with me concerning their father-daughter relationship. Granted, we saw the majority of his comments being made to others in the gallery, but I’m sure he lets her have it on the practice range as well as during practice rounds.

Nevertheless, I did think it was cool to see her training session with Butch Harmon. I’d kill for some of the golf memorabilia that guy has in his office. Next weeks episode looks pretty spicy, so I’ll have to stay tuned of course.

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Erik @ The Sand Trap said...

If you "liked" episode 1 of the NG Show, watch the Playing Lessons from the Pros with Natalie and, yeah, her dad...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home