Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Good Souls,

It seems that there is to be an absence of competitive Golf this forth coming weekend. I have listed in my “Loops of the Week” sidebar the 5 domestic courses that I would most like to play instead. So, if anyone out their can hook me up, it’d be much appreciated.

In any event, historically and significantly speaking, the 5 courses that I have chosen all have their own just place in American Golf lore. Of course there are 100 other courses that I would love to play too, but these 5 always seem to get stuck in my head.

I wonder why?

You’ll notice a little old school flavor with one of my choices, Oakhurst.

Enjoy, and let me know if you’ve played any of them and what you think.


Hit the Sticks in ‘06!
The Undaunted Duffer

3 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger CB said...

I just played Bandon Dunes and Bandon Trails recently, but I have not yet had the chance to play Pacific. I'll be down again in a February to rectify that. However, I know a few people that have worked at the resort and they all say the same thing. "If you just play all three once, or even a couple times, Pacific will be your favorite. If you play them all a lot, Bandon Dunes becomes number one."

I don't know if that is true. Like I said, I have yet to get out on Pacific, but I do know that if you had a chance to play any of them you should do everything in your power to play all of them.

Nice list, in addition to the rest of the Bandon courses I might add:


Pine Valley
Ballybunon
The Old Course
Harding Park
Sand Hills
BP Black
The Olympic Club
The Ocean Course at Kiawah
etc...

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger CB said...

I just played Bandon Dunes and Bandon Trails recently, but I have not yet had the chance to play Pacific. I'll be down again in a February to rectify that. However, I know a few people that have worked at the resort and they all say the same thing. "If you just play all three once, or even a couple times, Pacific will be your favorite. If you play them all a lot, Bandon Dunes becomes number one."

I don't know if that is true. Like I said, I have yet to get out on Pacific, but I do know that if you had a chance to play any of them you should do everything in your power to play all of them.

Nice list, in addition to the rest of the Bandon courses I might add:


Pine Valley
Ballybunon
The Old Course
Harding Park
Sand Hills
BP Black
The Olympic Club
The Ocean Course at Kiawah
etc...

1:01 PM

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger The Undaunted Duffer said...

We're on the same wave length CB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home