Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Thursday Folks!
(Gearing up for the weekend action)

I know a lot of folks are looking forward to next weeks’ Masters, but let us not forget about this weeks’ action which we are ankle deep in right now. (To use some Van de Velde imagery)

I know that being the week right before The Masters, a lot of pros are busy tuning up their game at Augusta National, but some faithful few Masters bound invitees have decided to take some swings at Sugarloaf this weekend in the BellSouth Classic.

I’m taking Padraig Harrington all the way. He’s on my fantasy team this week, and I think he’ll stick the pin all weekend long.

The European Tour is having at the Algarve Open where Big Break IV winner Paul Holtby is making his debut. (Sitting +5 T140 after Day 1)

Fresh off a win last week, Jean Van de Velde, The Frenchie, who has been having an ongoing issue with some gender issues regarding the world of golf hopes to go back-to-back.

Unfortunately for the Frenchman, upon review of the leader board after day 1 competition, it looks as though he’ll have a better chance of being issued an LPGA Tour card rather than winning on Sunday.

I know this is late, but I’m picking Paul Lawrie or Charl Schwartzel to come out on top.

The ladies of the LPGA tour are all vying for a Major Championship at the Kraft Nabisco Championship at Mission Hills this weekend.

Annika Sorenstam, I’m sure, is hoping to hoist her 10th major trophy over her head on Sunday after all the divots have settled. Of course, this will be no easy task. With a great looking field, (literally and figuratively) Annika has some serious work ahead of her. Creamer, Gulbis, Wie, Webb, Miyazato, Pressel, and a contingent of Kims aren’t going to just give it away.

I’m marking Creamer down with the “W” and Pressel and Wie finishing top 5.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger dave said...

The LPGA was a good tournament to watch. This tournament had a fantastic final round and I was pleased that I watched it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home