Tuesday, July 11, 2006

G.R.I.P. THIS!


Greetings and Salutations to all you duffers, shanksters and unbridled enthusiasts of the game of Golf!

It’s been awhile since I have last made contact with the outside world. I apologize for that, but my newly found addictions have been keeping me quite sedated, confused and busy.

A few weeks ago, I received a package from Rob Blumberg, president of Golf Research In Play, a.k.a. G.R.I.P. As many of you probably have seen, GRIP and its president are making some headlines across the Golfing Blogosphere.

Though their product line is limited to putters, wedges and hybrids, this fact does not restrict the quality and craftsmanship of their products. As I had mentioned before, I received a package a few weeks ago from GRIP, its contents contained an agreeably fashioned and designed 4 iron hybrid.

I’ve taken my time to review this club for a couple of reasons, the first being that the weather here in the great city of Cleveland has been less than exemplary. The second reason is that I wanted to play a couple of rounds with it before I could really write a solid overall review of the club.

To put it simply, I’m impressed. I’m not just saying that because I got the thing for free either. Off the tee box and off the fairway, this hybrid sets up very nicely. The shafts that these clubs come equipped with are Uni-flex High Modulus Graphite Shafts. The beauty with these babies is that they feature a mid-to-low kick point that helps me get the ball airborne easily. The minimal amount of torque in each shaft is pretty sweet as well, in that it prevents the club from twisting, turning and doing the hokey pokey during my complete swing sequence.

Moving further down the club, we see GRIP keeping up with the Jones’, in that their hybrids come equipped with removable weights that allows right-to-left ball flight for right-handed golfers and a smooth left-to-right ball flight for lefties. If you’re having a problem with hooking shots, no matter what your dexterity is, just switch the weights around for a straighter ball flight.

All in all, G.R.I.P. is on the right track when it comes to hybrid technology. The club sets up nicely, it swings smoothly, and most importantly, I’m placing this ball where I want it, 200+ yards down the fairway.

Now all I got to do is figure out a way to have them send me a putter.

2 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have consdered getting a hybrid club. The one that replaces a 2 iron sounds like a good one for me - don't have a 2 iron,and am willing to give this lofted club a try.

Ken

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Scott said...

My son takes golf lessons with a former PGA tour pro and he swears by them. My son already has two hybrid irons and are probably his most played clubs in the bag. I'll hopefully get one or two made for myself, though free is always better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home